Great Plains is looking for a student from a Fashion Design degree to join the Great Plains design team at French Connection.
The student must be:
• Dedicated and hardworking.
• Enjoy applying themselves within a busy environment, and working as a team.
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop skills are essential (but supplementary training will also be given).
• It may be beneficial (but not essential) to have some experience with print. A good eye for colour is crucial.
• A high level of organisational and admin skills are very important.
• Good communication skills and confidence – the student would be dealing with factories in different countries, as
well as the design team and other departments within the office on a daily basis.
• Able to work well in a team but is also comfortable completing a given task individually.
The brand is going through an exciting period of change, so there is a definite excitement within the company for what the future holds – something the student would be very much involved in. As the design team is small, the student will have a
hands-on role, and they would have the opportunity to experience a full array of tasks within their time at the company. As all teams work closely across the brand, it’s a brilliant chance to learn from other departments (such as production/ QA/
Press/ sales etc), as well design. This means the student will get a ‘true experience’ of the fashion industry, and a wider understanding of what it really takes to make a workable fashion collection.
Day-to-day tasks will include, helping with research, completing CADs and colourways for prints, creating CAD’s/ technical drawings of garments, helping with fit sessions, communicating with factories, helping to prepare for seasonal shows, and
general daily assistance within the design team.
The role is unpaid, but travel and lunch expenses will be covered.
To apply, send you CV and covering letter, along with some examples of your work (showing evidence of Photoshop and Illustrator skills, along with other key design skills you wish to demonstrate) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8 May 2017.